The Marshall County Auditor/Recorder’s Office staffs are designated passport acceptance agents and we will be glad to assist you in completing the necessary paperwork to obtain your passport. Passport applications are accepted Monday through Friday between 8:00am – 4:00pm. Please allow 25 minutes if you are completing the application form itself in our office. Marshall County does NOT take appointments. All applications are handled as a first come basis.
To process your application, you will need to bring the following items:
- 1 recent, color passport photo (taken within the last 6 months) you can purchase these from Walgreens or Wal-Mart.
- A certified birth certificate (hospital certificates are not accepted)
- A previous passport may be used instead of a certified birth certificate; however, if you are under 16, a birth certificate is required for parental identification. And your previous passport must be sent submitted.
- A current photo ID, such as a driver’s license – must be valid, and if not issued from Iowa additional ID is needed.
- A personal check/money order payable to the US Department of State and check or cash ($35) for the Marshall county recorder.
Applications are required to be signed before an acceptance agent. And all applicants must appear. Both parents are required to appear with a minor under age 16 or an affidavit DS-3053 or DS-5525 from the absentee parent is required explaining why he/she is unable to appear. It must be notarized and the front and back of the absentee parents ID must be provided.
Currently, there is a 6-8 week processing time for a routine passport. For quicker processing, a $60 expedite fee will be collected at the time the application is submitted and an additional $16.48 overnight postage. Expedited service will take approximately 2-3 weeks.
The Book is for Air, Land and Sea travel..
|16 and over||$145||10 years|
|Under 16||$105||5 years|
|Adult Renewal||$110||10 years|
As of 2008, U.S. citizens may apply for the new U.S. Passport card. The passport card is intended to facilitate entry at U.S. land and sea ports when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. The card may not be used to travel by air. It will otherwise carry the rights and privileges of a traditional passport, now referred to as a passport book.
The Department of State is issuing this passport card in response to the needs of border resident communities for a less expensive and more portable alternative to the traditional passport book. The card will have the same validity period as a passport book:
|16 and Over||$65||10 Years|
|Under 16||$50||5 Years|
|Adults Renewal||$30||10 Years|
For adults who already have a passport book, they may apply by mail for the card as a passport renewal and pay only $30. Currently, there is a 6-8 week processing time for routine passport card. For quicker processing, a $60 expedite fee will be collected at the time the application is submitted. Expedited service will take approximately 2-3 weeks.