Veteran Affairs

Due to the recent PACT ACT, Vietnam Veterans are able to apply for additional disability claims that may have been previously denied.

To help us help you, we are asking you to make an appointment with us and limit walk ins, as we are likely to be busy helping another Veteran with their service claim.

Please send a detailed email of how we can assist you, or to request an appointment,

Please bring your DD214 Discharge Papers with you to your appointment.

VA staff also process requests for Marshall County General Assistance. Please email The County General Assistance program requires re-payment for "one time assistance" and only covers current rent or current utility bills and will not assist with past due or reconnect fees.


Thank you very much.

The Marshall County Veteran Affairs assists Marshall County veterans and their legal dependents to apply for and maintain state and federal benefits including:

  • Disability Compensation
  • Disability Pension
  • Widow/Survivor Benefits
  • Education/Vocational Benefits
  • Medical Benefits
  • Application to the Iowa Veteran's Home